D-EITI Special Representative: Uwe Beckmeyer
Uwe Beckmeyer is Parliamentary State Secretary at the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). The Federal Government appointed him D-EITI Special Representative in July 2014. He supervises the implementation of the D-EITI. The standard specifies his tasks and competencies thus:
“The appointee must have the confidence of all stakeholders, the authority and the freedom to coordinate EITI actions across relevant ministries and agencies and must be able to mobilise resources for the EITI implementation.”
The Multi-Stakeholder- Group consists of representatives from government, business and civil society. They are appointed by the Federal Government for a period of three to four years. The main task of the MSG is to control and monitor the implementation of the D-EITI; it also bears the responsibility for work plans and progress reports.
Representatives of the government
- Dr. Wolfgang Scheremet Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (Deputy: Andrea Jünemann, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy)
- Torsten Arnswald Federal Ministry of Finance (Deputy: Dr. Christian Schleithoff, Federal Ministry of Finance)
- Friedrich Wilhelm Wagner Arnsberg District Council, North Rhine-Westphalia (Deputy: Dr. Klaus Freytag, Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Brandenburg)
- Norbert Conrad Ministry for Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport, Lower Saxony (Deputy: Thomas Bode, Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry and Environmental Affairs, Thuringia)
- Torsten Falk Ministry of Finance, Hesse (Deputy: Petra Jost, Ministry of Finance, Lower Saxony)
- Christin Fröhlich Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Matthias Wachter Federation of German Industries (Deputy: Hauke Dierks, Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce)
- Britta Sadoun K+S Aktiengesellschaft (Deputy: Hans-Jürgen Müller, K+S Aktiengesellschaft)
- Dr. Martin Wedig German Commodities and Mining Federation (Deputy: Kay Stelter, Federal German Association of Lignite Producing Companies)
- Michael Basten German Building Materials Association (Deputy: Christian Haeser, German Association of the Minerals Industry)
- Ludger Radermacher Wintershall Holding GmbH (Stellvertreter: Dr. Peter Westhof, Wintershall Holding GmbH)
- Henry von Klencke Federation of German Industries
Representatives of civil society
- Prof. Dr. Edda Müller Transparency International Deutschland e.V. (Deputy: Thomas Kastning, Transparency International Deutschland e.V.)
- Dr. Ralf Bartels Industriegewerkschaft Bergbau, Chemie, Energie (Deputy: Alexander Bercht, Industriegewerkschaft Bergbau, Chemie, Energie)
- Jürgen Maier Forum on Environment & Development (Deputy: Josephine Koch, Forum on Environment & Development)
- Daniel Dietrich Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V. (Deputy: Walter Palmetshofer, Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V.)
- Swantje Fiedler Green Budget Germany (Deputy: Florian Zerzawy, Green Budget Germany)
Civil Society Spokesperson
- Florian Zerzawy Forum Ökologisch-Soziale Marktwirtschaft
Financial Support for Civil Society
The D-EITI multi-stakeholder process is based on a representative involvement of all stakeholders of the German resource sector and on an active, equal and informed participation of all organisations involved. With a view to enable this participation and to guarantee for a successful implementation of the EITI in Germany, civil society is receiving financial support from the government in order to build up necessary resources and implement activities. In 2016 the following organisations received a grant of 120.000 € in total and in 2017 90.000 € in total.
Forum Ökologisch-Soziale Marktwirtschaft e.V., Forum Umwelt und Entwicklung, Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V. and Transparency International Deutschland e.V.
This grant enables the organisations to inform their respective stakeholders on the status of EITI implementation in Germany and to build up a differentiated opinion on future implementation. Furthermore the grant provides the opportunity to have an intensive preparation and follow-up of the issues discussed in the MSG by building up expertise on these issues.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN...
The D-EITI Secretariat
Find reports and working papers on (D-)EITI
@_RAW_Talks @PwypCanada We visualized twthe #roylties paid in 2016 per federal state with @Datawrapper… https://t.co/VqrwPG9WCL
Veröffentlichung 1. D-EITI Bericht
39. Board Meeting #EITIOslo18